Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Come see me! Local speaking event!

Well, it's official.  You can come see me at my first pre-release speaking engagement on March 7th. Details below.  


I contacted the director of my local library's teen readers group (via their facebook page) a few months ago and Karen Smith, the program coordinator invited me to speak to her group. I dropped by to meet Karen (she is incredibly nice!)  and introduce myself. Since then, the director of marketing for the library has contacted me for information to accompany a press release about my speaking engagement, which she will send to the local papers. Upon hearing this, I was surprised and delighted that they seemed to be as excited as I am about the event. And are even going so far as to promote the event, which is amazing!


The library is located inside this beautiful historic building right in the heart of Downingtown.  They run loads of great programs all year round for readers of all ages.  Don't be fooled by its commonplace appearance, they're really on the ball when it comes to community offerings. 








So, if you're interested, here is a short list of topics I may discuss (depending on time and interest -I can empathize with the attention span of the typical teen because it is quite similar to my own)




Since the group is teens, I plan on discussing a bit about my book, the how-to's of publishing, publishing in the digital market (peripherally depending on interest), current popular titles (The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner etc.), maybe a bit about blogging and social media depending on responsiveness, teen literacy and what can be done to help others who struggle with reading and writing, maybe a bit on peer critiquing, websites for Teen writers and readers. I'll have a power-point presentation to keep it visual and some games and prizes as well.

If anyone has any suggestions or topics they'd like to hear, comment away! I always appreciate input.


Here are the details:


When: Wednesday, March 7th from 6:30 to 7:30 
Where: The Downingtown Library. 330 East Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA

Register:(610) 269-2741 -Due to space limitations you MUST call and register
so they can make sure there is sure there is enough room for everyone.




If you're local, come on by! (but don't forget to register!)




Just in case you were wondering, the Downingtown library is part of the

Chester County Library system, which boasts eighteen locations in the

county.






As always, find interviews, writing samples, videos, contests and more on my re-vamped website.


6-5-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment