Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What I'm up to...this week...


Here is a quick glance over the comings and goings of my publishing world.

D-day (the day I get my copy-edit back and have three weeks to review the entire novel) is rapidly approaching. That's Feb 3rd.

I'm pretty sure I have a finalized copy of the logo I've been working on with JDM Creative Advertising and I'm insanely excited about it!





I've bee working with some great writers blog sharing, which is a blast!

I've got two serial stories running synchronously, The Lost Journal and The Searcher and the Sentinel.  Both great stories and more importantly, fun to write -a true escape from the marketing world.

I've signed with a publicist, JKS Communications and my campaign begins February first.  So many exciting things going on there.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be speaking at my local library to the teen readers group in the near future-psyched about that!

I'm still brainstorming the cover design for my book.  I'm torn between a simple cover and something more complex, which is more standard for the fantasy genre.  Here are a bunch of cool covers I really like.



Each has their own unique quality.  Some are simple, clean, yet unique -Legend, Mocking Jay, The Fire, others have cool features but they don't eat up the entire cover -Dance with Dragons, The Giver, still others are loaded with artwork -Insurgent (although not as obvious as others) Clockwork Prince. The Warlock is in-between -the artwork is unique but not over-done, the texture of the cover paper is alluring (If you've ever felt one of his books) ..so much to think about!






I'm also working on endorsements. These are when you ask authors to write something positive for the back cover (typically) of your book.

For example (and I'm making this up) Exiled is the best fantasy novel I've read in years -J.K Rowling

I wish! Anyway, I've sent out at least twenty-five of these, heard back from three (standard response, I'm way too busy to read your work -you're lucky to be getting a response at all)
















Finally, I've been getting in some cool stuff for give-aways.  Stickers (bumper-sticker sized) that say www.TheNeverChronicles.com, Magnets, same size, same text, BOOKMARKS -should be arriving this week.  Too bad I wasn't done the logo when I had these printed. Oh well. Next run.  I'm also about to open a Cafe Press store where all proceeds will go to Books for Teens.  An organization that provides books to underprivileged teens.  How great is that!

Well,   that's all I've got for now.

If you're interested in a sticker, magnet or bookmark, email me your address! (I will ship international BTW) josh@TheNeverChronicles.com

--------------------
As always, visit my website for updates on Exiled, book one of The Never Chronicles, writing contests, videos, short stories and much more!



No comments:

Post a Comment