Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Where am I?

I'll be honest, I haven't disclosed what's going on with my publishing process much.  I'm not sure why, really -I guess I think it isn't very interesting for an outsider.  For those thinking of publishing or just wondering what the process is like, I'll share where I am in the process.

Earlier in December, I was given a production schedule by my production manager at my publisher.   Essentially it marks the milestones all they way up until the release date.  The release date has been set to Tuesday, June 5th.

If all goes according to plan between now and then we will hit that release date -or possibly release earlier.  There is always a chance it could be pushed back.

What am I working on right now?

The copy editing team has my manuscript and is making their first pass. I expect to see it marked to hell in early February.  Then, I have to review, make changes etc. quickly.  I have three weeks max.  All while working full-time.  Ugh.

Also at the moment, I'm working with my illustrator on my chapter header illustrations.  Deadline for those is February 17th.  29 of em.

And, I'm gathering ideas/inspiration for my cover design.  I have some things in my head, plus a list of my top ten favorite YA covers I'll send off to the design team.

And, I'm finalizing a contract with a marketing firm. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by the end of the week. 

Plus, I'm working on getting endorsements for my book -when you get someone famous to say how great your book is and put it on the back cover. I have to have all of those out by the 15th of this month. 

I had my photo-shoot for my website/PR/book shots done last week.


A painful experience for someone who doesn't like that end of the camera.

And, my website is constantly being updated, new features, new looks etc.

Then there is my blog!

and all the social media stuff

And I'm working on two new promotional ideas that will either be awesome or sucktacular.

One thing I've dipped my toe into that I am very excited about is getting involved locally with teen literacy.  I truly believe so much can change for a person through books.

So...busy times, ratcheting up toward the big release date.  It is very hard to stay organized, to allocate my time to the right thing...but with the help of my wife and some close friends, I think I'm headed in the right direction.

With that being said...

Visit my website: HERE
My facebook page HERE
tweet me HERE
enter my next writing contest HERE
read my cool serial story, The Lost Journal HERE
check me out on goodreads HERE
or just say hi HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment