Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Finally, a book cover!

Yes, after many drafts (scrapping the first four proposals entirely) I have a cover.  I suppose I am pickier than the typical first time author. Perhaps I have a vision and needed it reflected on the cover.  I know that determination to convey what I believe needs to be conveyed on the cover can be interpreted as being a pain in the butt or come across as well, fill in the adjective -but regardless, in the end, I am more than happy with the final product. I am elated!

My cover designer, Brian, did a phenomenal job.

So, without further delay, here is the final cover for Exiled!




I am very proud of this cover! Several close people in my life (you know who you are) helped influence the direction I wanted the cover to go and I couldn't be more grateful!

More great things to come!


As always, find interviews, writing samples, videos, contests and more on my re-vamped website.


6-5-2012






23 comments:

  1. That looks really awesome! And actually I think more authors should be critical about their covers, especially for their first book. Especially if the result is as awesome as you can see over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful cover! How can one contact your designer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Karen, he actually works for my publisher -but I can see if he does any 'side' work. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it :) Glad you were critical about it, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. Looks awesome!! A very eye-catching Cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! 10 out of 10

    (Just so you know, I still haven't been paid for standing so close to the edge of that cliff!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I'm very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely cover, but if it is for an eBook, you might want to increase the font of your name. It won't be visible on a thumbnail. For print, ti's just right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Cat. It is for print, however it will be an ebook also. I'll see if it can be tweaked for the ebook. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete