Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oh, the stubbornness of me!

By J.R. Wagner

Mid-August while playing paintball (what? it's fun!)





I managed to dislocate my shoulder (for the second time ever).

Ouch! It wasn't fun.

Anyway, I've been signed up to do a triathlon this month, which involves...
Crazy open water swimming

Biking
and Running (no, that isn't me)


and because of the dislocation, I haven't been in the water doing much swim training. AND because of the bunch swim, there is a chance I could re-dislocate so I'm going to have to adapt my swim to a different (and slower stroke).

The problem is, I am Mr. Competitive (even though I haven't been training nearly as much as I should) and, against the recommendation of my Dr. I am going to race. Why?  Because I'm a little crazy, a lot competitive and I do love the sport.  Oh and there is one other small reason...

That's me! ...really!

 The last time I did one, I came in first in my age group. So, in the twisted recesses of my mind, I believe I must defend my spot despite all that I've got going against me. I suppose that's why I haven't tucked my tail and ran away from this writing game.  I'm not a quitter. I won't simply give up despite the odds. I don't have expectations of winning (the triathlon -I have every intention of winning this writing game!) but I will give it everything I've got!

Does anyone else have any insane hobbies they'd like to share?

-------------------

------------------------------------
To purchase exiled, for videos, fan art, contests and more, visit my website!


www.TheNeverChronicles.com


In bookstores now



No comments:

Post a Comment