Welcome Text

Welcome! Books, movies, music, original stories, interviews, writing, libraries, literacy, humor –all with the YA reader in mind, are just a few of the topics you’ll find here. New to the blog? Say hi! Like it? Follow away! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

ThinkGeek.com -funny stuff!

by J.R. Wagner
Found this awesome Vader t-Shirt at ThinkGeek.com

such a cool site -all their descriptions are hilarious and this one doesn't disappoint!

Luke, it isn't kosher.

Hungry are you? What know you of hunger? A Jedi must have the deepest control of appetite. Sugars. Hmm. Bacon. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force, but beware of the Dark Side, bacon they have.

It is a well-known fact, the reason there is a light and dark side is because Jedi are vegetarians. The Force is actually a dietary plan that evolved into a lifestyle back in the early days of the Galactic Federation. When some of these "Dark Siders" decided that they couldn't live without bacon, they began using the Force a different way, an "evil" way as the Jedi put it. Now, the only reason the Dark side is remotely tempting is because they have bacon; a mighty temptation indeed. 

Well worth a visit for all kinds of Star Wars goodies (and other 'geek' stuff)





BTW, I was not paid for what appears to be this shameless endorsement of this website.




~In the book world, word of mouth is king~
New from J.R. Wagner...

A tale of perseverance, strength and redemption.
Coming soon.



In bookstores now



3 comments:

  1. Well, I suppose I'm new to the blog, and one of the things I can do is follow instructions. Especially the first one on this whole page. I think. So hi, JR. I'm... Ominous.
    What do I do now, huh? What's your next command?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Ominous. Thanks for visiting.

    My next command? Have no friends not equal to yourself.

    Bonus if you can tell me who said this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... Hmm... let me think... I put it in my brain somewhere...

    *turns back and pretends you don't see me Google searching*
    *smiles*
    *turns back to face you with eyes closed, fingers on temples, obviously in deep contemplation*
    MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I think it was Confucius. The Chinese teacher politician dude. I think. I don't know. I have been known to be wrong, but then again I am sometimes known to be a genius. Sometimes.
    Oh also crazy.

    ReplyDelete